We see our school becoming one of the best in the country. We see our children’s acceptance into the best high schools in the city and continuing their education pursuits as they earn prestigious honors and degrees in college and trades around the world. We see them becoming leaders of commerce business education, science and technology. We sill take pride in knowing that the foundations of their greatness began with the education they received while attending Alain Locke Elementary.
To make our vision a reality, the members of the Locke staff and family have established high standards and expectations for academic and social performance. We are committed to excellence so that all children reach proficiency in all content areas through rigorous instruction. We value each student as a unique individual, rich in diversity of culture and experience. All staff members are actively involved in celebrating our diversity through language, culture, and the arts. We are committed to continuous improvement and display ownership for all students and programs at Locke. At the same time, we encourage and support student to take ownership for his or her own learning, growth, and development. At Locke, we work to ensure that “No Child is Left Behind” and all of its community members will Imagine Greatness. With this philosophy:
- We believe all children can learn at high levels
- We believe all children can reach their potential and that the achievement gap can be eliminated.
- We believe that each staff member has an enormous impact on children’s lives.
- We believe that Alain Locke Elementary maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- We believe that Alain Locke Elementary is a wonderful place to belong.