Peoplehood is more than just a day – it is an inclusive artistic process with multiple points of entry. Find one (or more) ways to join in the creation or production from planning, brainstorming, organizing, fundraising, donating, building, painting, setting up, packing trucks, promoting, playing music, dancing – whatever your interest, we’ve got the role(s) for you.
We welcome your organization, coalition, group and/or cause to join us in this year’s parade in a bold and powerful way!
MOVE IN THE PARADE
- March with us, walk with us, roll through the streets with us! Wheelchairs, bicycles and strollers are welcome (but motorized vehicles are not. We are people-powered).
- Bring your own banners, signs and artwork, or create something new!
- You can choose to join a Spiral Q art section! — or you can appear with your own expressions and messages.
- The parade will culminate in Clark Park with a series of participatory art-making activities in honor of our theme. Contact us if you’d like to lead an activity or “table” for your organization in the park!
REPRESENT IN THE PARK
- Offer and lead a participatory activity in the field.
- Table in Clark Park to share about who you are and what you do.
WITNESS THE WORK
Show your solidarity and pack the parade route with your friends and family. Gather at a spot along the way! You can even join in as you are when we pass!
If you would like to join in, please fill out this form to sign up your group, and be sure to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. And please help us spread the word! If there are other groups that you would like to see participate in Peoplehood, especially around this year’s theme, please share with them or let us know who we can share it with. The more people, the stronger the Peoplehood.
Please note: the parade route is roughly 1.25 miles. If you want to participate in the parade and have limited mobility, meet us along the parade route! Fill out the form above and we’ll be in touch.